Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Stylin' Nomads...

We're studying about nomads. Apparently not just any ol' nomads but the ones who were stylin' with some groovy floral boxers!! This is a coloring page of a farmer using a shaduf...I had to snicker when I noticed that Belle had put a big flower on the farmer's britches. Belle said they were swimming trunks or boxers...well, of course they were!!


Speaking of nomads and such, have you ever heard of Catal Huyuk?? It, along with Jericho, were the first villages. Catal Huyuk was located in Turkey and currently is the site of a huge archaeological dig...of course! This website has tons of info and lots of interactive activities and tours...and comic books too...oh, and projects...it's a gooder! If you're studying nomads this year, you'll want to bookmark this site. I could only open it in IE....

After lunch, Belle and E created cave paintings. See how cheap I am...I made them use sticks instead of buying paint brushes! lol!! I'm thinking that nomads didn't have those nice big dripless brushes...well..maybe they did because they had those neat floral trunks! But anyway...these little nomads had to use sticks and grass clumps...and everything was FINE!!


Last, but not least, I wanted to share this book with you. It's called One Small Blue Bead and it was a nice addition to our nomad study. It has gotten a lot of wonderful reviews from people who were apparently touched by this story of mankind....well, I wasn't but it still was a nice book. I don't know, maybe I'm just not a deep thinker right now. You may read it and find that it's one of those books that changed your life! lol! Let me know if it does....Anyway...nomads rock...and now we're moving onto Egyptians and the Nile River....I see fun around the bend, folks!!
post signature

No comments: