Thursday, August 9, 2007

Friday Feast #1 'Cause I'm Starting Over!


Appetizer

What is your favorite kind of pie?

There’s a joke in my family about me and pie! When I was pregnant with Gus, my dear sweet SIL came up to the house and brought a pie. I proceeded to completely freak out because I had no clean plates…and remember I was pregnant and my reactions to things, like pie, were….well, odd to say the least! All I remember doing was throwing a fit and retreating to my bedroom! Not pretty….my SIL took her pie and left. Now whenever pie is mentioned, someone has to pipe up and say something like “oh no!! Whatever you do don’t mention pie in front of Jenny…..bwahahahahahhah!” I laugh too…it really was a nutty scene! Lol!

Favorite Pie: Peach Cream Cheese Pie from Cootie Browns


Soup
Name something that made you smile this week.

This WW photo really made me smile!


Salad
What do you do to cool off when the weather is hot and humid?

Heat Wave by Steven Burnham Neat!!

I crank up the AC and find a ceiling vent to stretch out under….the couch is the best place for this but it’s completely broken down now…as in it is being held up by bricks…sigh. Oh yea, hair clips are a MUST! I freak out like you’ve brought me a pie if I can’t find my hair clips!

Main Course
You receive $1,000 in the mail with a letter that says you can only use the money to redecorate one room in your home. Which room do you pick, and what do you buy to spruce it up?
Oh man do I have a list of things I want to do around here! I’d have to spend the money in one of the bathrooms though. I’d love to have a tile floor in the bathroom. Right now we have those linoleum squares and since my boys can’t hit the potty when they are peeing, you know what ugliness happens to my floor! They do clean the toilet and that’s great…but those lino squares really soak that stuff up well….and then we all know what you’ve got…a bathroom that smells like the monkey house at the zoo! I would also buy a new toilet seat and a Marimekko Unniko pink shower curtain….and a water pik for me!

Dessert
Fill in the blank: My _________ says __________, but I __________.

My alarm clock says “beep, beep, beep…”, but I slam my ahnd down on the snooze button and go back to sleep.


Still hungry? Head on over to Friday Feast for some more fine dining!

post signature

9 comments:

Alison said...

Your appetizer made me laugh! Great feast - Happy Friday!

Sonya said...

LOL! I think I'd chuck the lino squares in the bathroom and make all the guys in the house go outside! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!! Looks like you and me feel the same way about our alarm clocks.

Cream Cheese Peach Pie sounds delish.

Enjoyed your feast!

Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Here's my link...Sorry!

Lady of Musotopia said...

Haha, I'm the same for dessert! ;)

So many great answers - I really enjoyed your feast (and the pictures!)

Thanks for sharing and also for joining my feast as well. I hope you're having a fantastic weekend :)

Kara said...

LOL at your appetizer! I can totally imagine doing that, preggo hormones are nuts! And our bathroom would be next on my list to fix up. We have something worse than linoleum- carpet! Who puts carpet in a bathroom?! Awesome feast!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

I LOVE that shower curtain! It's beautiful. There seems to be a common thread running with alarm clocks! LOL! And I so totally understand the boys and aiming issue - fortunately, that room has no carpet! Hallelujah!

Thanks for hopping by! :D

Misty DawnS said...

LOL - I LOVED the story about the pie and pregnancy! You had me laughing out loud!

Amanda said...

great feast