Saturday, August 18, 2007

Intestinal Bleeding

Just came across this feed about Billy Graham being hospitalized due to intestinal bleeding. Poor guy...I wouldn't wish intestinal bleeding on anyone. Pete and I have seen it first hand and it's not fun. Gus had several bleeds and they are scary...thinking about it makes me want to cry. I took a photo of one of Gus' diapers during one of his bleeds in hopes that I would be able to share it with another momma that wasn't sure what the docs meant when they said something like "just come on in when there's a lot of blood..". What?! Uh..ok...a speck of blood in my baby's diaper is a lot!! So, folks, I have a photo of a real intestinal bleed for a reference point...hopefully, you'll never need that kind of reference point.

I would show the photo here, but it is quite disturbing. If you'd like to see it, just let me know...I know that sounds weird, but seeing a photo of a bleed would have helped me tremendously. I wouldn't have worried so much about the specks....


post signature

No comments: