Saturday, August 11, 2007

Emergency Air Ambulances


I will never ever forget pulling into the emergency drop off area in front of East Tn Children’s Hospital while a helicopter was landing on the pad on the roof. You’re may be thinking, “so what”…and normally I would agree, but you see, my baby was on that helicopter and he was dying.

I can’t even begin to tell you how thankful I am that we have emergency air ambulance service in our area. If not for these helicopters, Gus would have died just a day after being born. Because he was able to be transported by an air ambulance, he was able to get to a hospital that was better equipped to take care of his extreme needs.

I heard just a few days ago that we will be getting another air ambulance in our region. What a blessing! There will be lives saved in emergency situations and there will be lives saved by being transported for surgeries such as transplants. We are really fortunate to have these services.

Check AirAmbulance.net to see what air ambulance services are available in your area.

***sponsored***
post signature

No comments: