1. Glass of water, 2. cutglass water jug and glass, 3. Bottled Water, 4. Water Bottle 4, 5. my stockpile of water bottles, 6. Water water everywhere, 7. A Refreshing Glass of Water, 8. Glass of water, 9. bubbles in a glass of water
Created with fd's Flickr Toys.
I am so bad about not drinking enough water throughout the day. I know it's important but I'm just not thirsty so I don't even think about getting a drink. I've heard that you should drink 8 -8 oz glasses of water a day. I've also heard that a more accurate measurement of how much water you should drink is derived by taking your weight and dividing by 2.
Here are some interesting facts I found:
- drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning can wake-up your body.
- You should not drink much water with your meals because it dilutes the acids in your stomach that are necessary for digestion.
- Drink a glass of water about 20 minutes before your meal...this will shrink your stomach which in turn will make you feel full a lot sooner.
- Your liver changes the fat stored in your body into energy...your liver can do it's job effectively if there is water available.
- When you have not taken in enough water, your organs are not working at their best.