Friday, September 14, 2007

Water


1. Glass of water, 2. cutglass water jug and glass, 3. Bottled Water, 4. Water Bottle 4, 5. my stockpile of water bottles, 6. Water water everywhere, 7. A Refreshing Glass of Water, 8. Glass of water, 9. bubbles in a glass of water
Created with fd's Flickr Toys.


I am so bad about not drinking enough water throughout the day. I know it's important but I'm just not thirsty so I don't even think about getting a drink. I've heard that you should drink 8 -8 oz glasses of water a day. I've also heard that a more accurate measurement of how much water you should drink is derived by taking your weight and dividing by 2.

Here are some interesting facts I found:
  • drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning can wake-up your body.
  • You should not drink much water with your meals because it dilutes the acids in your stomach that are necessary for digestion.
  • Drink a glass of water about 20 minutes before your meal...this will shrink your stomach which in turn will make you feel full a lot sooner.
  • Your liver changes the fat stored in your body into energy...your liver can do it's job effectively if there is water available.
  • When you have not taken in enough water, your organs are not working at their best.
So, why in the world is it so hard for me to drink enough water...sheesh!

post signature

No comments: