Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Kite Runner Movie

So, who's going to go see The Kite Runner movie coming out in November? I haven't really decided yet...I read the book and thought it was ok so I'm not really sure the movie is calling my name. I do know that a lot of people thought the book was wonderful...one of the best they've ever read so, really, you all might like it just fine! Don't let my review dissuade you!

Anywho...so Pete was reading our local newspaper and he came across an article about the movie and the Afghani actors. Have you heard about this?? I have several questions here....and, really I don't even know where to start. Apparently, the family of the boy playing Hassan did not realize that his character would be raped. They are terribly upset and they want the scene cut because it puts the family's dignity on the line. First, the scene is absolutely necessary or you really don't have the story at all so it can't be cut...second, how did this scene get past the parents?? I read that the boy was not given a script...is that true? Does that happen?? Can someone fill me in here??

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I've heard about the book but didn't know what it was about. I probably won't see the movie. But, it seems the boys parent's would have or should have been told prior.