Friday, September 14, 2007

Lost in the Woods Book Review


Today I shared a wonderful book with my Pre-K Science class. It is titled Lost in the Woods and was created by Carl R. Sams and Jean Stoick. It is a story about a little fawn who appears to be lost...through the book you discover that he's not lost at all. His mother is actually protecting him from danger and allowing him to gain strength. You know, there have been times in the past that I've heard people talk about a poor little abandoned baby deer. After reading this book, I now realize that these little creatures are not abandoned at all and if I were to try to jump in and take care of a supposed abandoned deer that I would certainly be causing more harm than good!

Not only is the message good but the photography in this book is incredible. My little Pre-Ks loved looking and talking about the photos. I was pleased that this book kept their attention for around 10 minutes....now that's amazing and definitely is a sign of a good book! lol!post signature

No comments: