Tuesday, July 17, 2007

VBS Day 2

Remember I told you that I'm in charge of snacks at VBS this year? Well. I am...and things are going fairly well....except for the woman that is complaining about the snacks! With the help of my friend Mary (who refuses to blog), we have planned good and healthy snacks. We have several kids with allergies so we've been extra careful with snacks and in all honesty, I think our choices have been good.

So, I guess I'm a big fuddy duddy because one of the adults has complained about the snacks. I'm so sorry...I really should have filled your child with lots of sugars and such so they could experience the sugar high and then have a meltdown in the parking lot. I mean really, did I really hear her suggest that sweets be given to her child?? She's a grandmother...I say take him home and stuff him full of your sweet baked goodness and please forgive me for feeding your grandson grapes and string cheese...oh the horrors!

There's always someone isn't there? I'm sticking to my plan though...we're serving healthy snacks. If your wondering about the grandmother, I helped her fill a ziploc bag with sweets from the "teacher table"....sigh....

Obviously, I need to check my attitude...or maybe I just need a nap!

And I see I've erased my signature again...sigh....





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are doing healthy snacks too. I am helping out so my two year old was in child care and was excited to find out she was given a bannana and other healthy snacks too...good job.
oh and I tagged you but noticed that the link was wrong. I fixed it.

Sonya said...

I'd tell the granny to get over it. LOL!

Rebecca said...

Crazy! and grapes and sting cheese would be a HUGE hit with my kid...some people are so weird!