Monday, July 16, 2007

Tired,,,

VBS is this week.....and I'm already beat!~ What's the deal with that? I think it must be too much stimulation for me because I come home and crash like I've been working for seven days straight!

This year I'm working in a different area...snacks. I have to put together snacks for both the kids and the teachers. I have a great team of people and everyone worked well together. We served grapes and string cheese to the kids and the teachers got veggies, brownies, spinach dip, etc. So, really, it's not that hard...but I'm still wiped out...sigh....I guess I'm getting old! lol!

Tomorrow we are going to be serving the teachers breads and pastries from Atlanta Bread Company. Since ABC bakes fresh daily, they get rid of their baked goods when they close. Isn't that neat?! Mary (who refuses to blog!) arranged all of that...she's neat too! I told her to save me one of those yummy chocolate pastries...those are my favorite.

In a little while, Pete and I are going to a writer's workshop being hosted by a local author. She'll be sharing with us all the ins and outs of writing and getting published. She said that she would be available to read and critique but I'm not quite there yet....I pretty much know that my NaNoWriMo novel is not ready to be critiqued because I haven't actually started on the first draft! lol!!

I'm tired....I need a nap.....

post signature

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, girlie girlie girlie! You poor thing! I'm in awe of your stamina, going off to a writer's workshop on VBS week! You are a hero...not even kidding.

Anddddd I'm ever-confident you will keep your drug dealer-ish household appearance upppp throughout the entire week. I'm here rooting you on. Because I can. Because VBS was last week (hehehehehe). xoxo

Sonya said...

Ah, stop whining and hop to it! Tell Sonya I said hey!

Misty DawnS said...

Oh Yay!!! Another aspiring writer! What sort of writing do you do? I've heard of Nano and had a friend who entered - I may do it sometime when I get up the courage!