Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Favorite Cousin


My favorite cousin is an artist in the Nashville area. She creates beautiful paintings that are loved throughout the south. The last time I saw her was at the quilt show in Nashville. It was a real treat to get to talk to her and her daughter. I really admire her because she is so artsy...I want to be her when I grow up!

I found out a few weeks ago that she had gotten sick. One morning as she was getting out of bed, she fell and hit her head. All the docs thought she had experienced a stroke but extensive testing proved otherwise. Since then, we've discovered that she has lost her short term memory...in fact, I think she may have lost more than her short term memory because she didn't know that her parents had died which was quite a few years ago. So, that means that she probably has no idea who I am! This is all just heartbreaking to me...not that she doesn't remember me but that she has lost so much...

So, in honor of my favorite cousin who once told me, "I like all my rooms to be white so that the people who are in them can be the color.", I've changed my background color from pink to white.


post signature





1 comment:

Sonya said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin! That's just awful! We'll keep her in our prayers and you keep us updated on her progress!