Monday, July 23, 2007

The Physical and Spiritual

Header from Traditions at Home...wonderful clocks that I have now placed on my Wish List!

Sometimes I get really tired of hearing that we need to set aside time for ourselves, we need to make sure our needs are met…blah, blah, blah. What we really need to be doing is getting ourselves out of the way and focusing on others more. There is some truth to the “take care of yourself” attitude though…You really can’t take care of others if you are not taking care of yourself…both physically and spiritually. I have not been doing either and that is why I am probably wiped out!

Taking care of me physically is not going well…taking care of myself spiritually is not much better. I need to make time for exercising and I need to carve out some time where I can be secluded and be able to really meet with the Lord. I certainly know that He will meet me anywhere, it’s just really hard to hear Him when 5,000 different things are going on.

I really do have a huge desire to serve my family in a way that brings glory to God. I just need to find some time to work on me so that I can in turn be a better servant. So how do I do this? I’m going to start with prayer. I’m going to pray that God reveals to me the perfect time to exercise and to study His Word. I will count on Him to wake me up early if that is when He wants me to meet him….I will also count on him to give me the energy to rise from the slumber I enjoy so much!

Since God created time, I am going to turn it all over to Him and let Him schedule my days. I will be listening and watching as He reveals to me what I am to do each day. I will create a schedule but will not turn it into a god….I will go in a different direction when God leads me. The hard part will be dying to my ol’ stinky self! I mean really, isn’t it funny how we think we know what’s best for us when actually we don’t know a thing?!

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post actually. You'll find the time you need to do the things you want. That is the way He works. He hears your thoughts, and He knows you desire to be closer, have faith and it will all fall into place. I've visted you before a couple of times, and I love your blog btw!