Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday...First Car Edition


My first car…ohhhh how I loathed him. He was named Norman and he was a 1972 Chevy Nova…he was beige…he was ugly…he only had two doors…he was not a Honda CRX. He was sold at a garage sale for $200 to two guys who were going to “pimp my old ride” by painting it candy apple red!

No, really, Norman was a really good car…he was dependable and protected me several different times when I was on the rode driving. Of course, he protected me from other people since my driving skills were stellar and still are.

Pete bought me a Honda Civic with four doors right before Nik was born. Strapping a baby into the back of Norman was going to be too much for me to handle. I think Pete knew I would have a break down!

Now I drive a Windstar minivan and I love it. In fact, when I was selling Mary Kay and was qualifying for the red Grand Am, I was a little stressed because I wanted a minivan not the Grand Am! Lol! It was kind of hard for my director to use the Grand Am as incentive with me….chocolate probably would have worked just fine!

The only thing better than a minivan would be one of those conversion vans or 15 passenger vans that quiverful families are seen driving around in….you know we want to have a baker’s dozen when it comes to kids!

Check out some more car stories over at Annie’s!

5 comments:

Lavender said...

Lovely story, its almost as if I knew Norman LOL Great idea for a meme, good on you for trying it out! Have a great day!

Sonya said...

LOL! I honestly can picture that old car in my head! What's even funnier is that I can picture you in it, hating it! You keep me in stitches!

Stacey said...

Norman! I love Norman!

You know, you just KNOW now I'm gonna have to make it a mission to talk about the "Little Red Chevette" very soon (sung as if Prince were in the room, please)

xo

Annie said...

Funny, Matt always names his vehicles too. :O)

Anonymous said...

How funny. I notice you didn't mention "the wagon" Pete drives. What was his name?

My car right now is names Elsie. Long story....