Friday, July 27, 2007

Kafka...Cool!


"When Gregor Samsa woke up one morning from unsettling dreams, he found himself changed in his bed into a monstrous vermin. He was lying on his back as hard as armor plate, and when he lifted his head a little, he saw his vaulted brown belly, sectioned by arch-shaped ribs, to whose dome the cover, about to slide off completely, could barely cling. His many legs, pitifully thin compared with the size of the rest of him, were waving helplessly before his eyes." The Metamorphosis, Chapter 1, pg. 3

This is a quote from on of my all time favorite books, The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. Have you read it? Gregor Samsa turns into a bug...how cool is that!?

Even more cool is this graphic novel I discovered today. It's illustrated by Peter Kuper and is based on The Metamorphosis. Kuper also has created another graphic novel based on some of Kafka's other short stories. I would love to see one of these novels....I may have to head out to Barnes & Noble to see if they carry it. I think Nik would like there books but I need to read through them first...you know I like to censor! lol!

Here's a link to a movie clip about the book. Neat!

post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wikipedia reference More hints look at this site find this find more info Get More Information

mestere said...

her comment is here Dolabuy YSL Continue Reading my explanation check this link right here now view publisher site