Monday, July 23, 2007

Protecting our Hearts

Hearts Connected by Gwen Meharg...one of my favorite artists!

Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life.
Proverbs 4:23 NASB

I've been thinking about this verse lately. So how do we protect our hearts and our childrens' hearts? What are some practical ways we can do this? Off the top of my head I can name a few ways but I want to know about all the ways...so I am turning to the Lord and asking Him to reveal those to me. This will be my running list of questions for our family. Some of these may sound extreme and that's ok. I'm not judging you or your family if you do or don't do these things...I'm just following my convictions. If you have a suggestion please leave a comment...God uses others to teach us!

  • Are we reading good books or are we reading books that are chocked full of unpleasant words and situations? This is a whole other post in itself! Stay tuned! lol!
  • Are we watching tv shows that are filled with unpleasant words and violence?
  • Are the tv shows we are watching being discussed? For example, news stories.
  • Are we sporting good attitudes or bad ones that bring discouragement to others?
  • Are we encouraging each other to be in God's Word?
  • Is our home kept tidy so that we feel safe and peaceful and able to focus on things that are pure and lovely? Sigh.....no....

I'll be adding more as God reveals different areas to me. And again, I'd love to hear your suggestions!
post signature

No comments: