Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Thursday Thirteen...What Do You Eat? 4th Edition

More words from the wonderful book There's a Word For It by Charles Harrington Elster!




Good Eats




1. arachnivorous...likes to eat spiders

2. phthirophagous...gobbles up lice

3. batrachophagous...likes to hoppers..as in frogs

4. ophiophagous...snake eater

5. scolecophagous...likes to eat worms..ack

6. xylophagous...likes to munch on wood

7. limivourous...mmm mud!

8. scatophagous...poo eater

9. sanguivorous...blood-sucker

10 saprophagous...feeds in decaying animal matter

11. hematophagous...again, a blood-sucker

12. coprophagous...again, a poo eater

13. merdivorous...and yet again, poo eater!






post signature

14 comments:

Di said...

I'm making one up now...locustaphagous...likes to eat lobster. After the AMAZING, best-I've-ever-had lobster at Cafe Martarano in Ft. Lauderdale tonight...an early birthday celebration...I would definitely categorize myself as such!

Anonymous said...

Oh, ewwwwwwwww! Snake eaters? Poo eaters? Worm eaters? Very creative list!

Happy Thursday!

L^2 said...

Wow, that's quite a list! I am definitely not any of those things. LOL

Anonymous said...

poo eater...eeewwwhh...

well, at least now myu vocabs are added :D

Sonya said...

A poo-eater? That's just wrong! I found a site online yesterday that I'll have to tell you about in person. Really gross but you'll love it and your boys will go wild! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Lots of "poo eaters" in there.

JAM said...

Yeah, poo eating must be more popular than I would have imagined to have all of those different words for it.

Cool list.

Kat said...

I going to use some of those words in a sentence this weekend.lol

TeaMouse said...

Interesting list - now I am not hungry - phew!

Donica Covey said...

What an EXTREMELY interesting list!Very ummm ICK factor!

Huggles,
Donica Covey

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

Oh my! That's one I've never seen before! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I should digg your post therefore other folks can see it, really useful, I had a tough time finding the results searching on the web, thanks.

- Norman

Unknown said...

replica bags toronto replica bags for sale replica bags thailand

shitee said...

replica bags reddit 7a replica bags philippines replica nappy bags