Friday, May 18, 2007

Going Up?

I have never in my life heard of a Sabbath elevator. Maybe I've never heard of them because I'm not Jewish. Basically, these are elevators that are set to stop on every floor during the Sabbath time so the Jewish people don't have to push the buttons. Why can't they push buttons during this time? Well, because they are not allowed to turn on or off electrical devices during Sabbath! This is all very curious to me...isn't this kind of like circumventing a law? I'm really not tyring to be disrespectful...I'm just terribly curious. It also makes me wonder what "laws" I may be circumventing!!

I found an interesting post over at The Columnist Manifest concerning this...if you go there, be sure to check out the wonderful photos. I think I have found my first "Link Love" for the day! lol!!

post signature

No comments: