Monday, May 14, 2007

Downtown Music and Cool Store

This weekend, while my mom and grandmother were here, we went downtown to shop at our local fabric store. While Belle and I were outside waiting for them to come out, I realized that there was music playing! It was like music from the 40's or 50's ...it was old music and it was wonderful! It was such a neat thing...I have never noticed it downtown before.

This is a photo of Belle right before she started dancing all over the sidewalk...the music really did make you want to dance! lol!

Next door to the fabric store was this great antiques store. The owner was such a neat person to talk to and her store was just wonderful. I found a pink shelf that I really want...well, actually I found a lot of things I really wanted in her store!! There was a stuffed Humpty Dumpty with an embroidered face that was so neat...very vintage looking. It was a neat place to buy a unique gift and I'll be going back! This is the shop's mailbox...clever and fun!!


post signature

1 comment:

Sonya said...

My mom and I always go downtown to that very shop when she is here! She hits all the antique stores down there and we love it. Did you know that they do that music most all the time and they also have antique car shows on the weekends through spring and summer? I can't believe you live there and have never noticed the music downtown! LOL!