Thursday, May 24, 2007

This Time Last Year...

This is from Gus' CaringBridge site:

TUESDAY, MAY 23, 2006 09:42 AM, CDT

Gus' teeth have stopped bleeding..we think! lol!! He was given a medicine that is used for oral bleeding and it has seemed to work. He is still quite puffy but is peeing ok. He can't help but be "over-filled" with all the blood products he has to get daily. Pete bought me a step stool so I could get up higher so I can reach over and squeeze Gus...we have to be very careful not to move him so it's best for me to "hover" over him and give him hugs and kisses! lol!!
Pete and I are on our way to a Grand Round...we like to pretend we are doctors! The head of Gus' transplant team is speaking here today and we were told we could come. Dr. Mazareigas is going to be talking about intestinal failure and transplantation....that would be us! lol!! Anyway....I'll be back later with more...


Please consider Organ Donation...