Friday, May 11, 2007

Bog Boy

Tea Mouse is hosting the "World's #1 Mom" contest and she is asking for entries. You are to write about why you are a great mom...she really encourages us to share our funny stories! So here's my entry for her contest:

The Bog Boy
(oh how I wish I had a photo! lol!!)


It was a nice day at home school co-op. The sun was shining and there was a light breeze…just a wonderful day to play outside! After lunch, the boys asked if they could stay awhile and play with the other boys and of course, I said yes. I sat with some other moms and we talked about curriculum, current events and whatever else crossed our minds. Belle was playing with some of her little friends. All was well!

Awhile into our conversations, we heard that there was a kid stuck in one of the big mud bogs up behind the church. Not to worry though…he wasn’t stuck bad and he was getting out even as we were hearing about it. So we went on talking…priorities you know! Lol!! I’m not sure why we didn’t go check on the kid but we didn’t! After awhile everyone started leaving…I started calling for my kids so that we could leave also. I asked if anyone had found out who the “Bog Boy” was but no one knew. We were all making jokes about the poor mom who was going to have to deal with all that mud!

2o minutes later I have only managed to gather up one child…I have stopped to talk again and I know that my kids are fine because they know they have to stay in a certain area. As I’m talking to my friend, I see Jake running down the hill waving his arms and yelling at me…I have no idea what he’s saying…then I see it! Coming up over the top of the hill is the “Bog Boy”…this kid is twice his size because of all the mud packed on him….he looks like a monster! Lol!! I turn to my friend and we joke again about the mom who is going to have to deal with all that mud. As “Bog Boy” gets closer I hear a voice that sounds familiar, “Hi, Mom”……sigh…….my first-born, by the book, don’t break the laws or else child, Nik……is the “Bog Boy”!!!

I made him strip down (after everyone left!) to his drawers before he got into the van…his mud shoes were put in a box in the floor along with his “Bog Boy” uniform….sigh….I got myself a big serving of “Never say never!” that day.

Nik said that he had seen something “shiny” in the mud and he wanted it….so he went in after it and soon started to be sucked in by the mud. One of his friends had held out a flimsy little branch to help him and Jake just ran around freaking out!! Lol!!


post signature

3 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

Oh dear! What an unfortunate nickname!

Sonya said...

LOL! I can see him now running down that hill toward you! I love that you have your very own Bog Boy now!

SusieJ said...

So, so funny!! Glad you won! Happy Mother's Day.