Friday, June 1, 2007

What a Hoot!


In the spirit of Eclectic Education, I am creating a link list for the study of one of my favorite animals. No, not the octopus or the hedgehog but the OWL!

This fall I will be teaching a Kindergarten Science class at our local homeschool co-op. I thought I would share the resources I come across as I gather info for the class. If you have any you would like to add, please leave me a comment and I'll add the link and give you the credit for finding it!

Enjoy!

Research:
Owling
The Owl Pages
World of Owls...check out the flapping owl on the homepage! lol!
World Owl Trust
The Snowy Owl
Owls' Hill Sanctuary...you can hear owls in the wild!

Do:
Owl Craft
Owl Pellets
Origami Owl
Virtual Owl Pellet...this is for ya'll that can't stomach the actual owl pellet! lol!
Paper Toy Hoot...neat!

Printables:
The Great Horned Owl
Letter O coloring page...cute owl for a lapbook!
Owl Maze

Clipart:
Line Art
Misc. owls

Photos:
Owl Gallery

Screensavers: I always like to change my screensaver or wallpaper to whatever theme we are studying...I love when one of the kids notice!
Spotted Owls

For the bigger kids:
Owl lampshade...I love this!

post signature

No comments: