There’s not a day that passes by without one of those commercials about mesothelioma and I’ve always wondered about what is mesothelioma and why it’s such a big deal….and why lawyers are looking for “you or your loved ones who are suffering from mesothelioma.”
- These are some quick facts I found last night:
- A type of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos
- Malignant cells develop in the mesothelium which is the protective covering around our organs.
- Can show up 20 to 50 years after exposure to asbestos.
- Predominantly shows up in the pleura around the lungs.
A little of a year ago, my MIL died after being diagnosed with lung cancer. She had never smoked. I know that non-smokers can develop lung cancer but it’s not as common as it is in people who do smoke. This quick research I did last night makes me wonder if my MIL was misdiagnosed. Now, hear my heart, I’m not thinking in this direction because I think we need to take legal action (which is obviously popular since the commercials are all over the place!). Besides, if there was a misdiagnosis, it wouldn’t have changed the course of treatment or even the outcome…this event occurred exactly how God planned it!
I do wonder….I guess I’ll ask her when I see her in Heaven…..