Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Micro Livestock

I came across this video feed about Cambodians eating fried crickets...ewwwww!

By the way, do you know what the eating of insects is called? Entomophagy ...I'll have to add that to my list of neat words!

Anyway, it's cricket season in Cambodia and there is excitement in the air because these tasty little micro livestock are fried and eaten by the handful! They are seasoned and then fried in oil...sounds pretty gross to me but wait...there are a lot of people who think they are deeelish. So, I'm not going to say anything else negative since I have never tried one! I do have one question though that maybe all of you entomophagists out there can tell me....do you eat the legs and wings or do you pick those off first??

post signature

1 comment:

jon said...

ummm... we can skip this one cause I won't eat insects!! they repulse me! Read my entry on Plant Killers for a good laugh at how insects affect my desire to eat! :D