Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Favorite Police Song...Well..Songs!

Win a New York fly-away to see The Police live


So what is your favorite song by The Police??

There are several songs I like really well that are on the new police cd but I think my top pick would be “Roxanne”! It’s a fun song to sing along to...especially the “Roxanne” part! Who cares if you are singing about a prostitute! Lol!! Of course, my version of this song sounds quite like Eddie Murphy’s rendition!!

Oh, and then there’s “Don’t Stand So Close To Me”….the video for this song is what launched my crush on Sting! And I just remembered “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”…I love how the chorus gets faster in this song…in fact, I think this is one of the things that makes The Police’s music unique. This and of course, Sting’s voice! I like that he doesn't seem to be straining when he sings...that's important! lol! I think it’s great that they have a new police cd available with all these great songs!

Of course, I’m not the only one who likes The Police. There are quite a few cover bands that play their songs and even a few big names have covered songs like “Every Breathe You take” and “I’ll Be Missing You”. It’s obvious that The Police’s music has influenced a lot of people and even other performers.






post signature

No comments: