Monday, October 8, 2007

Mailboxes

What kind of mailboxes do you have in your neighborhood?

When I was growing up, our neighborhood had the mail boxes on a post at the edge of the driveway so the mailman could pull up to the box to deliver your mail. I always loved to put up the red flag on the side of the box to let the mailman know we had mail to be picked up.

Now that I have my own home, things are different. In the neighborhood that we’ve moved to, we have mailboxes that are mounted on our houses. A lot of times our mailman walks up and down the street delivering the mail. To let him know we’ve got outgoing mail, we just turn the envelopes up on their ends and let them hang out the top…the lid keeps the envelopes from completely falling out.

I love that our mailbox is actually on our house! Over the years, all of my kids have loved checking the mail….and I don’t have to worry about them getting ran over! Lol! It’s also nice that we don’t have to go out into the rain to get our mail…wooohooo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must admit, the box on the house sounds pretty neat! I often worry that one of my littles will be run over when they run to the end of the driveway for the mail. :-)