Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Letting My Dumb Hang Out...

OK…so I’ve about got Pete talked into getting me a laptop before NaNoWriMo in November.

Now, I need some help here. I want to be able to take my laptop down to our local coffee shop, to the park, to homeschool co-op…..you get the picture. I need to be able to access the internet from these places too. I am a complete idiot when it comes to things like this…I’m a little ashamed but not much. I’m still looking for my “Fix Anything That Deals With My Computer” fairy but so far, I haven’t found her!

So…what do I need to be able to do this…besides actually having the laptop? Does a wireless router take care of this or is it another creature that does this job? Very, very confusing to me folks. I’ve tried reading up on wireless routers online, but it’s all way over my head….HELP!

For all of you that help me with this, I’ll list you on the dedication page of this year’s NaNoWriMo novel….I know, I know, I’m so generous! Lol!!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Yep, you need a wirless router and make sure that your laptop comes with a wireless card in it. Most of the newer ones do now. You'll need the wireless card for the coffee shop, you know, when you meet me there and we get lots of writing done?!