Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Touring Key West

Just a few years ago when I was in high school (lol!), I was fortunate enough to be able to take a trip to Key West, FL with a friend and her family. I will never ever forget that 700 mile bridge we had to cross over to get there. Green…that’s the only way you could have described my face!

What I remember most about Key West was the wonderful seafood, the neat shops where I was able to buy a fluorescent off-the-shoulder “flashdance” shirt and a plastic magazine clutch..and…are you sitting down??...Tom Cruise said hi to me!! My friend’s parents said it wasn’t him but we both knew that it was…and he said hi to me!! Thrill-ing!

Of course, I was young then and anything fluorescent, boys and food were oh so popular. Now that I’m older though, I would want to check out some other “attractions” on Key West…oh heck, I would still buy a “flashdance” shirt ‘cause those never go out of style, right?!

In my mind’s eye, I see myself ( in fluorescent flashdance shirt) on the Conch tour Train checking out all the historical sites.

A definite stop would be the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum to see all the sunken treasure.

Of course, Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum would be a must on my “to-do and see” list.

These are just some of the tours available with Trusted Tours and Attractions!

Not only does Trusted Tours and Attractions have a gazillion different tours in quite a few different cities, not just Key West, but right now, they are hosting a special giveaway! Anyone who signs up to receive their e-newsletter is automatically entered to win 4 free tickets to tours in a city of their choice. How cool is that?? I’m pretty sure we’ll not be making it to Key West this year, but we could probably make it over to Charleston . Neat!
Be sure to head on over there now to sign-up for the e-newsletter because the giveaway ends on December 14th!


No comments: