Thursday, November 8, 2007

Neat Gift Idea


Well, I’m chugging right along on my NaNoWriMo novel and I’ve posted about some of the things my main character has experienced so far. I love participating in NaNoWriMo because I go into it with very little planned out which means sometimes I myself am surprised or caught off guard by what my characters do or what they get themselves into! One of the things that I did plan though was that my main character was going to meet a woman who was experiencing the early signs of Alzheimer's. Of course, I am still in the beginning section of my novel so their friendship has not yet blossomed. I will let you know that they have just met though so I’ll just have to wait and see how they progress to that deep friendship that I have in mind!

Of course, since Alzheimer's is one of the themes in my book, my interest was piqued when I saw this opportunity to tell ya’ll about the Alzheimer's Foundation of America eStore. All proceeds from your purchases at this estore benefit the Alzheimer's Foundation of America. I like that buying a holiday gift from this estore is a double gift: a nice Christmas gift for a loved one and gift to the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America. There is also a link to merchandise with the “Quilt to Remember” logo that can be purchased. And if you are a quilter like me, there is a link where you can get the info you need in order to donate your own quilt square to the project!

Though it is very important that research for a cure to Alzheimer's continues, it is also important to remember those people who are suffering with it right now this very moment. The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America does just that. This groups focus is on the people who are currently suffering with this disease and also the caregivers who are experiencing the decline of their loved ones memory. I think it’s wonderful that the caregivers are not forgotten. I know first hand how fulfilling yet very draining it is to take care of someone who has a chronic illness.

So, remember the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America estore when you are doing your Christmas shopping, ok?

No comments: