Friday, November 23, 2007

St. Augustine Artwalk

I love art galleries! I love the ones that feature local artists and the funkier the art the better. We have a little gallery here at our local community art center and I love to look at the wonderful work of our locals. Right now there are dog paints…funky dog painting and I love them!

If I lived in St. Augustine, FL, I would be making Pete take me to the St. Augustine Artwalk every Friday night to see all the cool art work. Of course, he would say he liked the art and he would patiently visit all the galleries with me, but he would really be looking forward to hearing the music! I wouldn’t mind because I’d probably like to hear the music too! Lol!

First Friday Weekend Artwalk, takes place on the first Friday (duh!) and the Saturday of the month. The artwalk is a self-guided tour of local art, music, exhibits and entertainment. Several of the galleries also serve refreshments so it could very easily be a nice date night…kind of like “dinner and a movie”! There is even a train and trolley that will take you to several of the different exhibits and attractions.

Oh, did I mention that this is all FREE?! Isn’t that completely cool??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love free stuff. The gallery seems amazing.
Ok I have a dumb question. The little html code box for your Gus Gang button...uh..how do I get that little thing a ma jig for a blessed nest button.
I use photobucket but can't seem to figure out how to place the little box with the html code on my site or where to find it at photobucket?? I know duh..help please.
Donna