Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Feel Smart

There are times when I just "get it"...when all the little bits of info floating around in my brain line up and make things all clear. This past week, I had one of those moments! Yes, my friends, they are few and far between so this is a big deal!!

I've been studying for my Anatomy and Physiology class and I've really been struggling with the simple things like the terms "anterior" and "posterior". However, the whole concept of DNA replication using the Polymerase Chain Reaction method is making perfect sense...go figure.

It's really interesting. The Polymer Chain Reaction used commonly to increase the amount of a DNA sample so it can be tested, was developed by Kary Mullis in 1983. In 1993, Mullis received the Nobel Prize for the procedure. If you are itching to see an animation of the process you can just click on the screenshot below...it's good stuff, folks. Seriously, it is fascinating...and I understand it!! It's kind of like a miracle....


now...back to "anterior" and "posterior".....sheesh.....

No comments: