Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sig is My Favorite

Yes, folks...it has happened. I got sucked into the Deadliest Catch marathon on the Discovery Channel. I just can't figure out how it happened...really, it's kind of the same thing over and over, but I am just glued to the tube watching the crews pull up the pots. I've even made the kids hoot and holler when the pots are really full...I know, it's sad! lol!!

Anyway, there are several things I've thought about while watching this marathon. One, these guys are TOUGH, TOUGH, TOUGH...seriously, I will not forget the hard work that goes into catching crab and I will savor them little ol' crabs even more from now on. Two, I dig the skipper of the Northwestern, Sig Hansen. He's a fourth-generation Norwegian fisherman and that is so completely cool! I think my second favorite is Phil Harris and his crew on the Cornelia Marie. Third, the Bering Sea scares me! I can't even imagine how scary it is pulling in all those pots of opilio crabs and having waves coming over the boats..ack!!

Sig and his boat the Northwestern


Phil and his boat the Cornelia Marie



The new season of Deadliest Catch starts this Tuesday at 9pm...I'll be there!!


No comments: