Saturday, February 2, 2008

New Jawbone From Stem Cells

Those of you who know me personally, know that I am staunchly against embryonic stem cell research...and even if it were proven that embryonic stem cells were the absolute best means of creating organs, tissues and bones, I would still not support or use such methods. There is plenty of research that has revealed that there are other types of stem cells that are just as effective...those are the stem cells that need to be used.

Here is an article about a Finnish man who had his jawbone replaced with bone that was grown from his very own stem cells! Now this is the kind of stem cell usage that I can support! Leave the little babies alone....

1 comment:

Ann crum said...

I couldn't agree more. There have been huge advances made with stem cells donated from inside a patient's own nose. Embryonic stem cells have not been proven to be of any benefit at all.