Monday, July 21, 2008

Are You Financially Fit?


There was a time in the not so distant past that Pete and I were financial misfits. Pete made enough money for us to live comfortably, but we thought we were dirt poor! We would whine and complain about how we needed more money for this and more money for that…it was always about getting more “stuff”. Those of you who have been in that frame of mind know how draining it can be to always be chasing “stuff”. We were in need of some serious Debt help and quick!

It wasn’t until Gus was born and our medical bills sky-rocketed as Pete’s job was eliminated, that we truly felt what it was like to be poor. We made it through that time with God’s provisions through family and friends.

After Gus died, Pete and I were given the wonderful opportunity to “start-over”….completely over. We chose to look at this hard time not as a burden but rather a chance to do things right. For the past two years we have strived to make wise financial decisions and I think we’ve done pretty well. We still have a long way to go though….we wiped out our retirement and still have no emergency fund, but those things will come.

When I got the opportunity to take the Bills IQ test to see how “financially fit” we are, I was eager to see what our score would be….and I’m happy to say that we scored an 89!! We don't have a good budget and we don't have a good "life plan"...though I thought our life plan was rather detailed! lol!!

Anyway, I went back and took the test again and answered the questions based on our past practices and we made a 55! Seriously, folks…I’m very pleased and thankful that we have made some positive changes. Like I wrote earlier though, we still have some problem areas. I’m inspired to better though…

What a neat financial IQ quiz….you should try it out too!!


4 comments:

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

Really you have done great job,There are may person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.I like this blog..

Alaska Great White Bear Tours said...

Yeah... i feel that sometimes then It will hit me that I'm still lucky.

Bankruptcy Lawyer said...

I think I am.. for now. Let's just say that time change and It will hit me. Bills..

Professional House Cleaning Maid NY said...

Being financially fit is really important.