Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Oil Slick

I tried. Really, I did! I still ended up looking like crap on a cracker.

When Gus was in the hospital for all of his different extended stays, I really tried to pull myself together and not look so much like a slug so the doctors and nurses would not be frightened. I mean really, you know that these fine folks must have been scared when they came into the room with me sitting in the recliner looking like a hobo who hasn’t washed her hair in seven years. Why not wash my hair, you ask? Well, those of you who have had a child in the hospital know that there are not always people available to sit with your child while you jump into the shower. No, friends…there are times that you just tough it out until help arrives and sometimes that can take awhile! Lol!

Pete brought me some waterless shampoo that smelled completely wonderful…but didn’t work at all. In fact, it created more trauma on top of my head. Not pretty…even the nurses agreed that it wasn’t a “good thing”! After that I just gave up. Apparently I gave up too soon though because I had not tried the shampoo that you spray on…I think that would have been much better since it would be easier to control. I think I might have been a little heavy-handed with the other stuff.

Just so you know, I was able to master the quick “in-and-out” shower and was able to pull this feat off when one of the nurses would be in taking vitals. I’m talking super-sonic speed!! Lol!!

The spray on shampoo still would have been nice for touch –ups though. I think it would be great to have a bottle of two for when Pete and I are sailing around the Virgin Islands..you know a lot of people braid their hair so that it doesn’t need to be washed but that’s still kind of gross, right? With dry shampoo you could have clean hair and cool braids….and what about dreadlocks? Is this something you could use with dreadlocks?

I’m thinking it would also be nice to have a bottle for when my entire family has used up all the hot water…right before church. Yes…a bottle would be nice!



No comments: