Friday, January 25, 2008

Beware the Oxygen Hood!

So did you all hear about the little newborn who was burnt….in the hospital?? He was under an oxygen hood that somehow caught on fire. Nurses were able to extinguish the fire, but the little guy was of course hurt. Can you imagine? Poor thing was in the hospital already, obviously having problems with his breathing and then he catches on fire!!?? Sheesh-a-moley!

I can’t help but to think of the poor momma too. She has not been able to hold her baby and now it’s going to be a bit longer. It’s an awful thing not to be able to hold your baby. I know from experience…after Gus was transferred to the NICU in Knoxville, it was almost two months before I could hold him…that was hard. So…not only are my thoughts with the child, who has been given a good prognosis, but also the mom. Gee whiz….this ol’ life is hard…

No comments: